Drainfield restoration

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkK

Reaction score
I tried searching the forum before posting this and couldn't seem to find an answer so if I overlooked it, I do apologise. What's the professional experience consensus on attempts at restoring a slow drainfield via pumping/pressure blasting? I've read all the sales pitches about different chemical/bio treatments and although I have no personal experience with them, I'm very skeptical of the claims. Thanks, Mark

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
First you need to determine why the drainfield is slow. If the problem is high groundwater, nothing short of elevating the field or lowering the water table will help.

Around here, fields that once worked but then clogged up over time simply get a new elevated field installed. IMHO, they look terrible having a giant mound in your yard.

The codes changed here. At one time the field could be flush with the surrounding grade but now one can only go down 2 feet and so need to go up 3 feet.

Last edited:

MarkK

Reaction score
Sorry, should have included a bit more info. It's an elevated installation, gravel trenches & sand, 4" Tee split from the tank, no D-box and most likely slow because the home owner was adding Rid-X which looks to created a lot of floaties.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks