Dishwasher Models

Users who are viewing this thread

George

Reaction score
I am planning to purchase a new stainless steel dishwasher and need some feedback regarding which brand name to buy. I have a few favorites: Kitchen Aid model# KUDP02FRSS, BOSCH model# SHY56A05UC, and the Kenmore Elite model# 16303. There are other brands out there that appear cheaper in quality.. Whirlpool, GE, Maytag, etc... The higher end models are priced over $1000.00 ... please assist.... ;)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've had a Bosch for about 9 years. It's trouble free and as slick and clean on the inside today as was when I bought it. FYI, Kenmore, AKA Sears, is manufactured by "name brand" companies such as GE and Whirlpool. They are usually of about the same quality as the name brand that makes them. These brands will change periodically, so check to see who made it. Kitchen Aid is, by all I've heard and excellent machine. I'd look first at the overall quality of the machine and the price second. They're all expensive, so go for quality.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A couple of things to consider, this may be commonplace now, but wasn't awhile ago. Look for one that can heat the water, if necessary. Since the things work better if the water is the design temp (hotter than most people want, plus if you set it to run late at night, the lines to it could be cold), get one that can heat the water. Some also have an optical sensor that looks at the water as it goes through the pump for the wash/rinse. They can adjust the length of the wash cycle to determine how much water to use and how long to run. A stainless interior should last longer, but the higher quality plastic ones can last a long time, too.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Kitchen Aid is not the brand it used to be.

Kenmore DW usually made by whirlpool. Both very good brands.
Not crazy about Frigidaire or Maytag.
GE is probably THE brand today for all appliances.

For appliances, I do not like imports such as Bosch due to future parts issues, and sometimes less than "standard" installs.

Dishwashers are like anything else: you get what you pay for. You can still get an adequate DW in the $200 range. It won't be quiet. It won't be SS; it won't be a tall tub, it will have minimal features , and cleaning performance will be average. As price goes up, you get quiet, more SS, more features, better cleaning.

Features like tall tub, multiple sprayers, and quiet are worth paying for. You can get a very excellent model for WAY less than $1000.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks