Water softener choice

Users who are viewing this thread

jeb22013

Reaction score
I have contacted several local dealers regarding a new water softener. Both have tested my water and given me their recommendation. I would appreciate your opinions on the two choices.
1. Hydrotech system with a Fleck 5600 meter initiated valve. (approx $1300 from a general plumbing contractor)
2. GE/Pentair system with Autotrol 255 valve and Logix 760 Controller. (approx. $1150 from a water conditioning company)
Thank you

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Either will serve you well but you. Might also want to look into a clack

jeb22013

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, but I am having trouble finding anyone in my are that deals with clack. Any ideas on how I can find someone?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Other than calling all the water treatment dealers in your area to see if the sell Clack, no. You can find a dealer of Clack that can provide the equipment but you would have to find someone to install it if you are not going to do it yourself. I sent you a PM.

Constru Expert

Reaction score
Check out this article article about how to choose a water softener:

water-softener.jpg

Hope it helps!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks