Is this drain and vent design good to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

steamngn

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a drain layout for my bathroom remodel, and would really appreciate input as to weather or not it is right. :p
drain config.jpg
In the picture, the blue 3 inch main runs parallel to the floor joists, then turns with two 45's toward the toilet, which is about 24" from the second 45 in the turn. The toilet/shower area joists are boxed out, so there is good room to work. Immediately after the turn I have a 3 x 3 x 2 wye coming off to the side, with a 45 turning the 2" parallel with the toilet branch and running to the shower. This is the red line in the picture. Right after the 2" 45 I have a 2" wye facing up into the wall for the vent (green line), with the 1 1/2" lav sink drain connected to it (purple line). The shower trap wier is 5' from the vent, and the sink wier is 4' from the vent. Is this good to go? Or should I stick with my day job? :) Also, I will install a cleanout in the vent above the sink tee; how high up should this go? Is there a standard for that?
Thanks so much for any and all feedback in advance!
Andy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks