Low clearance recessed lights...

Users who are viewing this thread

locus123

Reaction score
I have low hanging ductwork that is framed in with 1" of clearance (they used metal RC strapping). It's against a wall in an area that needs some lighting. Does such a solution exist where recessed lights are less than 1.5" (0.5" for drywall) deep?

Originally I planned on using LED lights, but all that is nearby is the light switch box (drywall up the walls, ceiling, etc). I have nowhere to put a transformer, unless I'm allowed to slip it up with the lights, and that assumes it's 1" thick.

Thoughts?

locus123

Reaction score
Ya, that's what I thought. I was hoping there was a sneaky way to make LED work up there. I know there are some less than 1" deep, but I'm still in trouble with the transformer cause I have nowhere to hide it.

OK, no worries, thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks