Need quick advice on 3 floor bathroom layout

Users who are viewing this thread

Jozart

Reaction score
question.gif

I have attached a sketch of what I intend to do to add a bath to a thrid floor attic. A 1/2 bath was roughed in but I wanted to change the horizontal drain to accomodate a shower. I can only add a seperate vent to the shower upstream of the shower p-trap is this OK? I may not even need one given that its also vented (wet) via a kitchenette sink I will also add. This is vented through a seprate stack.

See sketch for details. NOTE: RED lines indicate vertical runs

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Jozart

Reaction score
Please note that the 1 1/2" vent upstream of the shower runs parallel with the 2" drain before turning up (30" run) to go vertical through the roof on a seperate vent

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A kitchen can't wet vent any bathroom fixtures.
Wet venting is only for a bathroom group on the same floor.

If you have a sink above, the waste for that will have to come in lower or downstream of the shower.

Jozart

Reaction score
Thats what I thought you'd say. I can tie into the drain down stream of the shower with a little work. How abour the vent thats near the shower wye? is that OK?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks