How to increase water pressure/flow in showerheads

Users who are viewing this thread

CindyJ

Reaction score
Is that the flow through the showerhead? If you remove the showerhead how much flow do you get? If about the same, then the combined flow restriction of the valve and upstream piping is to blame.

Ask you plumber what part of the system would "blow" at 75 PSI? It is not unusual for city pressure to be higher than that and most places code only call for a pressure regulator above 80 PSI.

Yes, that was the flow through the showerhead. I'll have to wait until the weekend to test the flow without it.

I'll have to get clarification regarding what would blow at 75 PSI. He said something about water spraying out. I'll find out.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The outlet of the valve must supply more water than the showerheads can use, or their output will be like a hose with no nozzle on it - weak.

Hackneyplumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
That valve has a flow rate of 5 gpm but at what pressure? Kohler is keeping that a secret I guess. Hey Kohler......how many flappers and flushvalve seals are you guys making now???? 15?? 20? You guys need to start drug testing your engineers. LOL

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As I've said before, Kohler is infected with NIH (not invented here). They like to come up with their own ideas, and when the first one doesn't work, they come up with another, and seem to refuse to use the long-term wisdom of what is known to work...this is the reason their parts book looks more like a telephone book...it's huge because they keep few designs around for long. Others use a more universal guts that they know works, and can be built on large scale, and then just play with changing the trim to update the look or adjust to newer technology; not Kohler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks