Nut-Locker

Users who are viewing this thread

WillieK

Reaction score
I've recently noticed that several restaurants including McDonald's has installed what is called a "Nut-Locker" on their commodes and urinals. What is the purpose of these "Nut Lockers"? They seem to just spin on the plumbing pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the product, but the industry is getting wise about thieves and scrappers stealing the flush valves off the toilets and urinals. Maybe this is what you are seeing?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It prevents access to the union nut on the flush valve, so even if the "thief" turns off the water, he cannot remove the flush valve from the system. IF it did NOT spin, then they could use it to unscrew the union nut.

Punter Distributing

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.nut-locker.com
We developed the Nut-locker to help prevent the Theft of the flush valves, Its made from Stainless steel and Crome plated,with ours you can still service and rebuild the valve without removing the Nut-locker.Let us know if you need me to contact a wholesaler in your area to stock these

Tommy
Punter Distributing

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There have been special screws around for years in public restrooms that require a special tool to remove. These are used to secure stalls and stall doors. Same reason as given for the Nut_Locker. It's a shame there are assholes that think it's cool to tear up public facilities, sometimes for theft, other times just to destroy.

Hairyhosebib

Reaction score
Such destruction and theft is terrible. If they can't eat it or screw it they just destroy it!. It's ridiculous to go into a stall and find that some idiot pissed all over the toilet seat.

Asktom

Reaction score
Logging onto this site with one name with a pretend question that is really the lead-in to an advertisement, then logging on with a different name to answer the first fake question and push the product is also a bit tacky.

Punter Distributing

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.nut-locker.com
I'm from Houston and have no clue as to who WllieK is, we are not the same person don't know each other ,ect.I just answered the question about the product.I'm also a master plumber by trade, but that does not mean I'm not wanting to do the plumbing for everybody on here.Get a life !

Tommy
Punter Distributing

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks