Install Utility sink in laundry room

Users who are viewing this thread

ncinqueg

Reaction score
I want to install a utility sink in my laundry room utilizing the same drain/vent Vent 1.jpgvent 2.JPGas what the washing machine uses now.

Current setup: Washing machine
enters into a drain, goes through a p-trap, then that connects to the drain/vent pipe from the left side. There is also a connecting drain pipe from an upstairs bathroom that you could see near the floor (in the picture) that taps into the drain/vent.

What I want to do: I want to install a sink on the left side also and run the drain along side the drywall and turn it 180 degrees and enter the same drain/vent used for the washing machine from the right side. I figured turning a pipe 180 degrees isn't a problem, so long as I have enough slope in the drain pipe. (But if there's an easier way, I'm open to ideas)

Problem: In a perfect world, I would be able to use a double Y connection on the drain/vent (one for the washer and one for the dryer), however, the current connection for the washer is to high on the vent, so I would need to bring the utility sinks
connection below the connection of the washer on that same drain/vent. Does this cause a "venting issue"? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Hammerlane

Reaction score
Heres another photo of a setup

Attachments

• washer_rough.jpg
    washer_rough.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,483
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks