P-Trap Lower than Drain Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

rayleeis

Reaction score
SINK CLOGGED! P-trap too low for waste stub.

Hello,

Please take a look at the picture I've attached.

My Sink does not drain.

My P-Trap is lower than the waste line and I cannot connect to the stub out.

I've put two 90 degree angle pipes to connect it to the stub. Is this a S-trap, or not. Will this work?

Will the water "climb" up these double 90 angles pipes???

Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture1222.jpg
    Picture1222.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4,119
Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It will drain. You have created a deep p-trap, but not an s-trap. It will be sluggish. Why can't you just shorten the tailpiece dropping down from the sink, so the trap will connect normally?

rayleeis

Reaction score
jimbo said:
It will drain. You have created a deep p-trap, but not an s-trap. It will be sluggish. Why can't you just shorten the tailpiece dropping down from the sink, so the trap will connect normally?

Because of the drain for the sink...the drain for the sink itself is like 5 inches deep...and it is threaded...so i had to buy a female threated adaptor, then attached a special pipe with a dishwasher outlet...and that is threaded as well...so i had to buy two female threated apatops and put a piece of PVC in between because i could not find a threaded coupler. Then after that piece...I put in my P trap..and by that time..I was below the waste line stub out.

But you're telling me it should work..the water will run upwards like that?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
OK, I understand you need the wye, not shown. You can accomplish that with a single fitting: it will be called a 1½" wye tailpiece. It has a flanged upper end which will connect directly to the bottom of the sink, and the lower end drops right into the trap. Overall length of this piece is probably about 8". If that sounds like it will work, go to a good plumbing supply house and spring about $ 8 for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks