Shower-pipe to Shower-head adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

leomd

Reaction score
I am trying to find a replacement for this shower head adapter that has cracked and is leaking but am having no luck finding the piece. This adapter/reducer is from my 7/8's shower pipe 55/64's female to a 1/2" male NPT shower head thread. I imagine I will have better luck finding this piece if I know what the proper name is or if anyone knows where I can find this piece I would be very thankful. Thanks in advance.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might find something usable in the faucet adapter/aerator section of your favorite plumbing supply joint. That's not a standard
setup, so it doesn't have a standard name, except "adapter". When you find one, leave off the thread tape, because that's probably
why it split. That connection almost certainly was meant to be sealed with a rubber washer or o-ring, requiring only to be made a bit
more than finger-tight.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is possible that an aerator adapter, or maybe a couple of stacked ones, would do the job. Something like that can be proprietary and ONLY available from the original manufacturer, assuming they are still in business and make that item.

leomd

Reaction score
Ugh...I was afraid of that. There is no brand on the shower valve/pipe as well as everything else in the bathroom. I think when the previous owner redid the bathroom they used cheaper fixtures that were probably sourced from South America or China -you see lots of that down here in Miami. I looked at some faucet adapters but I mostly found 55/64 female to male. I really only need a solution to last a year or so until I tear this bathroom apart - looks like I might have to go the rubber pipe and pipe clamp route :)

Thanks again...

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I think most us would just unscrew the entire assembly from the wall and toss it. The shower appears to be plumbed to take any common shower arm.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What you have is NOT shower arm parts. The 55/64ths is a faucet aerator size, needing a rubber gasket as mentioned, and you can probably piece together and adapter in the FAUCET AERATOR section at the hardware store

leomd

Reaction score
I would love to unscrew (tear) it from the wall but its not a common shower arm / shower pipe configuration. If I unscrew the shower pipe from the mixer...I will have the same whacky 55/64s faucet thread. I do plan on renovating within 6 months so I'm just looking for a cheap quick fix that will stop the leak from above the shower head. Been to two hardware stores and not finding any faucet adapters that will work. Im going to try a pipe clamp and a new rubber gasket.

20130203_134941.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Looking at only the first picture, I mistakenly assumed that the shower arm supply was stubbed through the wall where the escutcheon is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks