Plumb between two fixed points

Users who are viewing this thread

Unitink72

Reaction score
Beginner question... I've got four shower body sprays roughed in, need to connect them. The have NPT connections. Was planning on copper between them. Did I make a mistake in putting in both the upper and lower ones in at the same time? I could use pex here I guess?
Sorry the pic came out sideways
image.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either remove and replace, or use swing joints. Adding four 90's are a lot less restriction then using PEX which has a smaller dimension.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many of those fittings allow a female fitting OR, you can solder the pipe inside of the thing directly. Plumbers generally prefer to solder them in when possible. If yours can do that, I'd remove one, cut the pipe to fit, clean both the pipe and the fittings, then remount them with the pipe in there...then, solder it in. Much more reliable. If you thread the fittings on, then tried to solder the pipe in, you'd likely compromise the threaded connection's sealing, either the tape or pipe dope (neither really likes to get super hot). Why have twice the joints?

Unitink72

Reaction score
Ah yes your right, these can be either male ntp or female sweat. Thanks for the tip!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks