sink tailpiece with bung for RO filter brine water. Quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lifespeed

Reaction score
Posted this in plumbing, but realized it might be more appropriate here:

Is there any such thing? I am tired of the racket my undersink RO filter makes dribbling the wastewater through a saddle drilled into the top of the garbage disposal lateral pipe. No leaks, but noisy as hell.

Surely some enterprising young man has addressed this market with a sink tailpiece that quietly trickles the water down the side of the drainpipe into the p-trap through an angled inlet? It needs to mate up to 1/4 polyethylene tubing.

Or would moving the saddle to the sink downpipe instead of the disposer lateral be enough to quiet it? It is a permeate-pumped 45 gallon per day RO and seems to put out a decent wastewater stream, at least for an RO filter.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
DrainBoa2web.jpg

www.airgap.com
It is 3/8" since that is the correct size for an air-gap faucet. Hope this helps!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It's still a crap shoot whether or not it will be much quieter.

I installed my RO under the floor rather than under the counter and I ran the drain line over to my sump pit rather than to my septic tank. My softener and iron filter also discharge into my sump pit as do the humidifier, furnace, A/C, and HRV condensate lines.

Lifespeed

Reaction score
It's still a crap shoot whether or not it will be much quieter.

I installed my RO under the floor rather than under the counter and I ran the drain line over to my sump pit rather than to my septic tank. My softener and iron filter also discharge into my sump pit as do the humidifier, furnace, A/C, and HRV condensate lines.

That thought has occurred to me, but I'm sure it will improve on my current maximum-noise drain line connection point. It only became extra annoying after the permeate pump upgrade (which I do like) increased the flow rate.

Here in California we don't have basements, and I don't have a sump pit. Perhaps I should water some plants with this "waste" water. Oh, but it is salt-softened, so no.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks