Does this shower rough in look ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jo Deloco

Reaction score
This is pretty straight-forward shower rough I dry fitted pending comments. I'm not sure if the the wet vent going to the lav is acceptable under IRC (NJ) with the 60 degree fitting. I rolled the combo up slightly above the drain centerline which I hope will be inspection. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• basement rough in.jpg
    basement rough in.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,137

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
According to his notations, the "wet vent" IS 2", but to use a 1/6 bend at the base, the branch should rise at a 30 degree angle which means the main line should be below the floor one half the distance of the branch line dimension to the 1/6 bend, and yours does NOT appear to be that deep, but it could be because of the way the picture was taken. If the angle is correct and not "cocked" in the fitting, then the inspector should pass it, unless he goes "by the book" and wants it at a 45 angle.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The vent is being washed by the lav. there is no need for it to rise at a 45.

John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Now that you've done all that cutting, you realize that you cannot reliably dry fit pvc piping? It is nearly impossible to bottom the pipe in a fitting unless you've added the cement (which melts the plastic and then 'welds' it together). So, unless you planned for that loss of 1/4-1/2" or so per joint, everything's going to be positioned wrong. At least the pipe is cheap...and you can reuse the fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks