Where is Cookie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluebinky

Reaction score
Cookie, you probably have a much better grasp of reality than I do. I doubt there is anything I could say better than you already have, but I'll add my gibberish anyway...

We live in a society with an official government-mandated religion called science (I have 8 years of college-level classes in it and one of its sub-topic electrical engineering). Keep in mind that science is just a model of reality that works really well for building "toys" like airplanes and 1/2" copper tees. None of the so called laws or theories has ever been "proven", and every single one has at least some evidence against it.

I currently work with a bunch of other clueless individuals who spend most of their waking hours writing software -- the process of making someone else's idea of reality appear as yet something different using several different ill-fitting symbolic notations based roughly on English. If ever there was a miracle, it is that any of our computers even power on. Once you realize that we can't even understand our own little islands of pure design created with only two constraints (time and size), it kinda resets your goals. Right now, I'm looking forward to retirement, but we'll see...

Sometimes things happen that don't fit somehow -- like seeing someone walk through a wall, photographs with missing people, the hand of god saving you in a car crash, hearing a bottle smash on the floor in a supermarket only to turn around and watch it fall, and that brief special connection that randomly happens between people (hopefully a shadow of a reality we will all know someday)...

Cookie, although it's easier said than done, don't let others get you down.

Cookie

Reaction score
Cookie, you probably have a much better grasp of reality than I do. I doubt there is anything I could say better than you already have, but I'll add my gibberish anyway...

We live in a society with an official government-mandated religion called science (I have 8 years of college-level classes in it and one of its sub-topic electrical engineering). Keep in mind that science is just a model of reality that works really well for building "toys" like airplanes and 1/2" copper tees. None of the so called laws or theories has ever been "proven", and every single one has at least some evidence against it.

I currently work with a bunch of other clueless individuals who spend most of their waking hours writing software -- the process of making someone else's idea of reality appear as yet something different using several different ill-fitting symbolic notations based roughly on English. If ever there was a miracle, it is that any of our computers even power on. Once you realize that we can't even understand our own little islands of pure design created with only two constraints (time and size), it kinda resets your goals. Right now, I'm looking forward to retirement, but we'll see...

Sometimes things happen that don't fit somehow -- like seeing someone walk through a wall, photographs with missing people, the hand of god saving you in a car crash, hearing a bottle smash on the floor in a supermarket only to turn around and watch it fall, and that brief special connection that randomly happens between people (hopefully a shadow of a reality we will all know someday)...

Cookie, although it's easier said than done, don't let others get you down.

I read everything above and I could not agree more. I could probably spend hours talking to you about it. I miss that, that is exactly what I am used to doing, what I used to do, for a long long time. I bet you read or know about Stephen Hawking's Universe? A Brief History of Time? And, their is another, a professor in Physics, Dr. R. Mallett, I met him at a lecture and book signing and found him pretty interesting, I really enjoyed his book, Time Traveler. Not a nutcase, he got his theories, it would be great if they worked.

I had this funny idea, lol, what if, I could transport my husband in the GPS system. I could send him everywhere for me. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
That is stalking to post your pictures like that, where did he take pictures. lol

As for the "I wonder if he can do interstate traveling. " wonder.

It is not uncommon to get a visit from the other side. It must be cool to get a visual. A Smell is nice as well.

We won't discuss the rude pictures which of course did not surprise me. None-the-less, rude. And, as far as I know, still there.

I remember my mom telling me she saw her brother standing in a doorway when her brother died. She wasn't even, " quirky."
After I buried him, that week, I smelled his cologne in the corner of the basement where the basement door meets the door to the garage, I smelled it twice. He wore English Sterling, I used to kid him, saying, he needed Irish Sterling, and, took a marker and changed the name on the bottle, lol. Told him he shamed his heritage.

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you Terry for banning, I knew who it was, not hard to figure out.
I should add it won't be the last time, nor, was it the first. Anyone can create a new name and new email.

A RE associate stopped over last night to drop off some papers and, while having coffee she asked me she could use the bathroom. I was going to tell her to use the one upstairs where it is a bit nicer, but, she headed downstairs so, I left her go. What I didn't expect was what she said when she came upstairs. She wanted to know who the man was fixing the furnace.

Enough said.

Being I had no control over my husband when he was alive, I doubt I will have any now. Anyone who knew him, knows, how he was with me in being protective, trust me on this one, he would not take kindly to me being harrassed by anyone. That is the God's truth.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks