Where is Cookie?

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Ah, technology; things were better and safer when we all lived in the woods. No fires except if your cave entrance was hit by lightning or you forgot to put out the fire and the wind blew it too hot. Oh yeah, the wild animals that might find you taste good with or without some ketchup.:p

Nothing like a nice cave entrance to keep you warm all night.

Sorry Cookie, I am LMAO , Bob Cracks a person up.

I almost fell out of my rocking chair.

I am a mess...

Cookie

Reaction score
I remember once, my husband coming home from work saying, " boy, tell the kids to turn off their computers when they leave the house." When, I asked, why, he said, a co worker, was working on his computer when flames started shooting up the back of it. This was years ago, but, still, I always shut mine down, just in case. You just don't know, especially, if while sleeping.

Another time my husband asked me to buy him a small heater for under his desk at work, it was an older building, drafty and cold. So, at Home Depot I found a small one, and, he came home telling me, that the heater got soooo hot, it nearly, set his trousers bottoms on fire, lol.

I always told him, he was hot.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, Don, I thought mine was pretty funny, too! I was crackin' up writing about his "hot" pants, lol.

DonL

Reaction score
I am sure too Don; In fact, from all the great things Cookie has always said about him, I am 100% sure:)

Are you fixing to be Cold ?

I hear some snow may be dropping.

Nice time to snuggle...

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Are you fixing to be Cold ?

I hear some snow may be dropping.

Nice time to snuggle...
YEP, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT 20 INCHES OF THE WHITE SUFF HERE tonight. Oops, sorry about the caps lock being on.
Good idea; let's she what she has to say about that Don.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Oh Yeah, the weather man was right this time. Most of the time, they and the other news people like to sensationalize every little thing into big news, but this time, it happened. We had somewhere between 20 and 30 inches of show come down. Lots of drifitng, making it much worse. I went out at 7:30 this morning, went to start up my snowblower, but I had left it empty in my garage, and the gas can? In my shed in the back yard. Damn idiot that I am sometimes!:mad: Trudged to the shed, got the gas and eventually got it started. Cleaning off the cars was difficult because the storm started out last night with wet, heavy snow that froze solid, and then by about 9pm, it was all snow, coming down like the dickens. And it did not stop til just before I went out at 7 am. Anything that could go wrong did, like the snow blower auger grabbing a tarp I had over a group of my wifes plants in the back yard. ( I was clearing a path around the back of my house to the deck). To make a real long story short ( I got done at 2 pm), Its done. Now its almost 3:30 in the afternoon, and a truck finally came to plow the street, but I'm looking out the window, and its stuck right in front of my house. Its too small a truck dummy! its only like an F250 size. We need a garbage truck size unit to push this crap around, something with a tandem axel, not just a 4X4, which I also have. I guess we will never get out to eat out tonight, and the mail will never come today. what ever happened to "neither rain nor snow nor inclement weather will stop the US MAil?

OK, rant over, but I'm still tired as shit.:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad: Dirty ratzafratz!!!!!

http://edition.pagesuite-profession...28ab3bfd873f12be1ca6ef527545e2a9&ndal=Optimum

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
6pm, street still not plowed. about 4 cars tried to make it through, got stuck, dug themselves out, wasted tankfuls of gas rocking back and forth.
Lots of main roads still clooged up unplowed. What the hell is happening to us here?

Cookie

Reaction score
I was out today, with just a light coat on enjoying the sun, :) I did some shopping, bought printer ink, bought groceries, got an ice cream at McDonalds. I had a nice day.

DonL

Reaction score
6pm, street still not plowed. about 4 cars tried to make it through, got stuck, dug themselves out, wasted tankfuls of gas rocking back and forth.
Lots of main roads still clooged up unplowed. What the hell is happening to us here?

Does a Hand Basket come to mind ?

Are you are about to get collected up ?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was out today, with just a light coat on enjoying the sun, :) I did some shopping, bought printer ink, bought groceries, got an ice cream at McDonalds. I had a nice day.
Cool, I'm g;ad you had a good day Cookie. Another vicitim is stuck in front of my house right now. I was out with my dog in my driveway when I saw this minivan come down the street bouncing up and down the ice and snow. Its like a speider's web.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Does a Hand Basket come to mind ?

Are you are about to get collected up ?
You mean am I about to croak? We never know that until we wake up dead one day and are on the wrong side of the grass Don. Other than that, I have no idea what your question means; I must have missed that movie.:D

Cookie

Reaction score
I've had your kind of days, oh yeah... been there, done it. More times than naught. I just grin and bear it. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I've had your kind of days, oh yeah... been there, done it. More times than naught. I just grin and bear it. :)
Today is another day. The Sun is shing bright as can be. It's 16 out n right now. Street stilll not plowed.

Yes Cookie, we know you have, and grin and bear it is all we can do, but if they don't plow my street so I can go to work tomorrow, I'm going to deduct my loss of pay when next town tax bill is due.

Cookie

Reaction score
And, this is why I say little anymore to anyone, lol. I can't say anything. Yes, I know you know I have. Didn't mean to disgust you. I hope you get your street plowed soon.

By the way, I don't care if you type in caps, I think, I missed something, somewhere.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
And, this is why I say little anymore to anyone, lol. I can't say anything. Yes, I know you know I have. Didn't mean to disgust you. I hope you get your street plowed soon.

By the way, I don't care if you type in caps, I think, I missed something, somewhere.
What mad you think anything you said has ever disgusted me or anybody else here? Nope. This is a place where we can discuss "things", and sometimes comfort each other.

Still no plow, no Sunday newspaper, could not go out and bring home some nice hot fresh bagels. Wahhh, wahhh, wahhh. See? did that disgust you? well, maybe it did:p

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow. they finally came at 5pm with a payloader and a roll-off truck with a plow, They got stuck too several tmes, but at least they made it passible. Smooth ice now like a skating rink. go down my block slow please.

Cookie

Reaction score
Sad to say, I hear another storm is coming your way, this one supposed to have winds stronger, too. So, do be careful, guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks