Where is Cookie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Geez, you guys worry too much, lol. My taxes are done! Seriously, 2 days ago. I heard from the IRS today, it was accepted, which means, no mistakes! and money is coming my way. :) ( and already spent) :(

I use, taxactonline, really really easy.

Cookie

Reaction score
Have you heard this one? lol

A Duck Tale......

A woman, her eyes filled with tears, walked into her vet's office cradling her beloved duck....she handed it to the vet and asked him to check and see what was wrong with her duck....after a brief examination he said "mam your duck is dead....the woman...visibly shaken by the news pleaded with the vet and asked "isn't there some tests you could do to be sure...the vet said yes and headed into the back room with the duck....he laid the duck down on a low table and brought his Labrador Retriever over to the duck...the Lab sniffed and sniffed and sniffed, then looked up at the vet shaking his head......the vet then brought over his pet cat and sat the cat down right next to the duck...the cat looked up and down intently at the duck and after a while walked away...the vet then went back out to the woman and said.....mam I am sorry but your duck is dead.....he then presented her with a bill for $300.00....the woman yelled WHAT.....$300.00.....To tell me that my duck is dead costs $300.00....the vet looked at her and said "well if you had believed me the first time I told you your duck was dead it would have been $20.00 but after the lab test and cat scan it's $300.00"

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A woman goes to the Doctor, worried about her husband’s temper.

The Doctor asks: "What's the problem?

The woman says: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every day my husband seems to lose his temper for no reason. It scares me."

The Doctor says: "I have a cure for that. When it seems that your husband is getting angry, just take a glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don't swallow it until he either leaves the room or goes to bed and is asleep."

Two weeks later the woman comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.

The woman says: "Doctor that was a brilliant idea! Every time my husband started losing it, I swished with water. I swished and swished, and he calmed right down! How does a glass of water do that?"

The Doctor says: "The water itself does nothing. It's keeping your mouth shut that does the trick...."

Cookie

Reaction score
ha ha ha,

now, here I read this:

Outdoor cats account for the leading cause of death among both birds and mammals in the United States, according to a new study, killing anywhere between 1.4 billion and 3.7 billion birds each year.

It is leading to a Cat Banning.... :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Good that all is well Cookie. Nice joke.

I have been sick. :( REALLY, sick. I have to do things all at once, saves on the copays. I was so sick... that I drove myself to the ER. When, I got there, they took me before people twice my age! ( not exactly, for that would make them 116) I had, and, mind you, I can't spell these things, and, too lazy to look them up, I had Bronchitis, the flu, and, for added fun, a severe asmatic attack brought on by one of the other two, I can't remember which right now. I actually, scared the doctor, I fell asleep with fluids, antibotics, Tylenol and a pain med all being dripped, in the ER. He came in to check on me, and, being I kept knocking out one of the IV's, I now put my arms over the side of the bed, and, was out like a light. Next thing, I knew, I was being grabbed in someone's arms ( his) not a bad thing I guess, and, being shaken, and my name being yelled, lol.. I woke up, and saw his face went white, and, so, I said, " thought I died, eh?" :)

I was pretty sick.

I used to get the flu shot, but, the last time, I got one, right after came down with the Shingles, which I found out is worse than the flu. Now, I don't know if there is a connection, but, Shingles are soooo bad, I will take my chances on the flu.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
ha ha ha,

now, here I read this:

Outdoor cats account for the leading cause of death among both birds and mammals in the United States, according to a new study, killing anywhere between 1.4 billion and 3.7 billion birds each year.

I wish they would ban outdoor cats, and come pick them all up. Dogs too.

I don't have the heart to take them back into the woods.

I have plenty of birds, but not many snakes anymore. I do miss my snakes.

I hope You get to feeling better.

Have a Great day.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
ha ha ha,

now, here I read this:

I have 2 dogs and 4 cats. The cats were ferral over 12 years ago, when we had them neutered, and vaccinated. They have never been out of the house since, except for a visit to the vet. Too many people let their un nueted cats out to roam and make kittens that need food. To a cat, a bird is food and a play toy; they don't know any better. It's the people's fault.:mad: And although we have 4 cats, I personally am NOT a cat lover, but my wife is, and I love her:D

The dogs go out only on a leash with us. 2 Chihuahas; little, but full of love, like any dog.

Cookie

Reaction score
She is a lucky woman to have you Bob. Tell her, I said, that.

I got an assortment of creatures myself, I love them all. I love the birds. I should had taken a picture one year when, lined up on my deck railing, was Popcorn, ( my coopers hawk) next to him, a sparrow, next to him, a bluejay, next to him, a squirrel, and, on the far end, was a shy woodpecker. I warned, Popcorn when I went inside to leave the others alone, and when I am back with the bowl of popcorn, the soft boiled egg, and seeds, nuts and bread, they never left their positions.

Yep, Bob, if people only paid to get pets fixed, that is all it takes. How sad, how awful, some won't. It isn't fair to the cat either. Mine all stays inside, all are fixed. And happy.

I am never happy with the dog walkers on very long springy leashes, they come down into my yard and, won't clean it up. Or, they let them lift their leg on my flag by my mailbox. Yeah, that makes me see red. I had flowers there at one time, and Hostas, but, the dog pee killed the flowers. And I wasn't real happy to weed there anyway. I thought putting a flag there would curtail them letting them use my post, but, nah... it didn't.

You got 4 cats Bob? Mine are so funny. I can't imagine, 4. Bob, my oldest cat, that is his name, just Bob, lol., just turned 25 in January. He's in good shape. Thomas, keeps him busy.

Don, I am still wheezing. Still on inhalers. This has taken the life out of me. This time, I was very sick. And, I am die-hard, I won't go unless, I think, I am going to kick the bucket. This was one of those times. I had my reservations I would get well.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
She is a lucky woman to have you Bob. Tell her, I said, that.

I got an assortment of creatures myself, I love them all. I love the birds. I should had taken a picture one year when, lined up on my deck railing, was Popcorn, ( my coopers hawk) next to him, a sparrow, next to him, a bluejay, next to him, a squirrel, and, on the far end, was a shy woodpecker. I warned, Popcorn when I went inside to leave the others alone, and when I am back with the bowl of popcorn, the soft boiled egg, and seeds, nuts and bread, they never left their positions.

Yep, Bob, if people only paid to get pets fixed, that is all it takes. How sad, how awful, some won't. It isn't fair to the cat either. Mine all stays inside, all are fixed. And happy.

I am never happy with the dog walkers on very long springy leashes, they come down into my yard and, won't clean it up. Or, they let them lift their leg on my flag by my mailbox. Yeah, that makes me see red. I had flowers there at one time, and Hostas, but, the dog pee killed the flowers. And I wasn't real happy to weed there anyway. I thought putting a flag there would curtail them letting them use my post, but, nah... it didn't.

You got 4 cats Bob? Mine are so funny. I can't imagine, 4. Bob, my oldest cat, that is his name, just Bob, lol., just turned 25 in January. He's in good shape. Thomas, keeps him busy.

Don, I am still wheezing. Still on inhalers. This has taken the life out of me. This time, I was very sick. And, I am die-hard, I won't go unless, I think, I am going to kick the bucket. This was one of those times. I had my reservations I would get well.
I have signs on my property asking dog walkers to please pick up after thier dogs (as I do all the time). They so far, have not left any dog crap on my lawn or in front of my house, but my next door neighbors are not so lucky. Some huge dog seems to be relieving itself on their lawn, and the owner never pickls it up. I have surviellance cameras all around. I think i'll aim one of my cameras their way and see who the perp is and confront them. I never ever see any stray dogs off the leash in my neighborhood, so it has to be some inconsidetate Ahole with thier dog not picking it up. There has to be a few pounds of the stuff in front of their house. It is a code violation in our town, so when I tell the person, if it then continues, I will report them for sure. Good thing it is cold out, otherwise the smell and flies would be awful. My neighbor got tired of picking it up. It has to be a huge dog, 80 pounds or so, maybe more, judging by the loads.

Cookie

Reaction score
I have signs on my property asking dog walkers to please pick up after thier dogs (as I do all the time). They so far, have not left any dog crap on my lawn or in front of my house, but my next door neighbors are not so lucky. Some huge dog seems to be relieving itself on their lawn, and the owner never pickls it up. I have surviellance cameras all around. I think i'll aim one of my cameras their way and see who the perp is and confront them. I never ever see any stray dogs off the leash in my neighborhood, so it has to be some inconsidetate Ahole with thier dog not picking it up. There has to be a few pounds of the stuff in front of their house. It is a code violation in our town, so when I tell the person, if it then continues, I will report them for sure. Good thing it is cold out, otherwise the smell and flies would be awful. My neighbor got tired of picking it up. It has to be a huge dog, 80 pounds or so, maybe more, judging by the loads.

Yeah, you got to wonder why people do what they do. Loads of A holes. Not all neighbors either. Some of those retractable leashes seem to go on and on and on, almost reaching my front door. I love dogs, but, boy do I hate it when I step in it outfront or down back. My area is surrounded by dogs, we got greyhounds galore, and then, one of those huge dogs, like a pony? Oh, what are they called... Big dog, then we got the ankle biters. I get it downback and upfront. Dogs, dogs, dogs. It is a code violation here, too. My husband was really annoyed one day. This was a gentle, quiet man, soft spoken, until, someone either, said a bad word about me ( had to stop him once from calling a rellie after what she did/said about me needing blood, I saved her life that day); or, when he stepped in dog crap, then, it was move over baby. He was loud and mean, and that temper shined. Those were the only 2 ways you had better move quick. Don't insult his wife and/or, polute his yard with dog crap. So, lol, never thought of it this way, but, don't shit on me or the yard, lol.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
This is something to think about.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that there are about 500 dishwasher fires in the country every year.

It might not seem like a huge number, unless your home goes up as a result of the dishwasher, as the Pearce family’s did.

Last Friday, the Pearce family of Evans City lost their mobile home and everything in it after a fast-moving fire.

It started minutes after Cindy Pearce left to take their daughter Casey to a pediatrician.

They may never know exactly what started the fire.

“I didn’t do laundry, we didn’t cook anything this morning, didn’t have the microwave on,” Pearce said.

But Cindy did remember leaving one appliance on when they left.

“The dishwasher was finishing up the dry cycle when I left, but nothing else was on,” Pearce said.

The family’s dishwasher is almost unrecognizable. The State Police Fire Marshal says everything was incinerated so he can’t come up with an official exact cause, although it appears that the fire began in the kitchen and was centered near the dishwasher.

Ordinarily, insurance investigators would step in to do an extensive forensic analysis on the appliance, but the Pearce family had no insurance.

“It’s not happening very often at all, statistically it’s very minor,” appliance business owner Alan Scheimer said.

Scheimer, whose “Dormont Appliance Store” has been a family business for more than 60 years, says when dishwasher fires do happen, it’s often linked to rinsing products.

“Most of the time, it’s a JetDri clean dispenser that drips inside the door and coats the wires,” he said.

Recently, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a voluntary recall of more than 1 million GE dishwashers because the machines’ heating elements were failing and causing fires.

The dishwashers were being sold between March 2006 and April 2009. The models include GE, GE Adora, GE Eterna, GE Profile and Hotpoint.

As with many appliances, it won’t hurt to make sure the dishwasher is off when leaving the house. Or, at the very least, cancel the heat or dry cycle before leaving.

DonL

Reaction score
That is one reason I do not use heat dry.

You never know what may have fallen onto the heating element.

I find a Tupperware lid in the bottom on occasion.

Air Dry is safer. Flame dry is faster.

Cookie

Reaction score
That is one reason I do not use heat dry.

You never know what may have fallen onto the heating element.

I find a Tupperware lid in the bottom on occasion.

Air Dry is safer. Flame dry is faster.

I don't use the heat dry either, but, I stopped using it when I noticed that the underneath of my countertop started to crumble where the heat comes from, and I didn't want another thing on the list to fix. Besides, I like doing dishes by hand, I think, they are cleaner and, I just enjoy it. I let them air dry, I don't like drying them. :)

I never let anything like the washer, dryer, dishwasher, run either when I leave the house. I turn it off or, wait. See, if my kids didn't read that article, they would laugh saying, "oh, mom that is your OCD kicking in!"

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Alittle something else in the same paper:

2 Recent House Fires Blamed On Laptops
February 2, 2013 12:06 AM

KDKA) — Two fires in the area recently are being attributed to laptops.

In New Kensington earlier this week, a 62-year-old homeowner was taken to the hospital after fire broke out in the basement of his Pershing Drive home.

Ken Sublinsky, who lives across the street from the home where the fire broke out, said there was all kinds of smoke coming out of the basement and he said he heard some type of explosion.

A fire marshal said the blaze was caused by a laptop computer battery that overheated.

Last month, there was a fire in a two-story house in Carrick.

Sources tell KDKA someone inside the home was downloading a file.

The laptop was left on a couch and it overheated and ignited the furniture on fire.

Jay Armstrong, who runs Computer House Call in Sewickley, told KDKA-TV News Friday night to never place your laptop on something soft or flammable, like a mattress.

Armstrong also said, “Make certain the outlet you are using [for your laptop] is not overloaded, don’t have a lot of other stuff in the outlet.”

DonL

Reaction score
If my Laptop gets to Hot, I tell her to take a break and cool down awhile.

Lithium batteries are dangerous. Even in cars and airplanes.

Never leave one home alone.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If my Laptop gets to Hot, I tell her to take a break and cool down awhile.

Lithium batteries are dangerous. Even in cars and airplanes.

Never leave one home alone.
Ah, technology; things were better and safer when we all lived in the woods. No fires except if your cave entrance was hit by lightning or you forgot to put out the fire and the wind blew it too hot. Oh yeah, the wild animals that might find you taste good with or without some ketchup.:p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks