(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is Cookie?

That is one reason I do not use heat dry.

You never know what may have fallen onto the heating element.

I find a Tupperware lid in the bottom on occasion.

Air Dry is safer. Flame dry is faster.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    That is one reason I do not use heat dry.

You never know what may have fallen onto the heating element.

I find a Tupperware lid in the bottom on occasion.

Air Dry is safer. Flame dry is faster.
    I don't use the heat dry either, but, I stopped using it when I noticed that the underneath of my countertop started to crumble where the heat comes from, and I didn't want another thing on the list to fix. Besides, I like doing dishes by hand, I think, they are cleaner and, I just enjoy it. I let them air dry, I don't like drying them.

I never let anything like the washer, dryer, dishwasher, run either when I leave the house. I turn it off or, wait. See, if my kids didn't read that article, they would laugh saying, "oh, mom that is your OCD kicking in!"
    Last edited by Cookie; 02-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Alittle something else in the same paper:

2 Recent House Fires Blamed On Laptops
    February 2, 2013 12:06 AM

KDKA) — Two fires in the area recently are being attributed to laptops.

In New Kensington earlier this week, a 62-year-old homeowner was taken to the hospital after fire broke out in the basement of his Pershing Drive home.

Ken Sublinsky, who lives across the street from the home where the fire broke out, said there was all kinds of smoke coming out of the basement and he said he heard some type of explosion.

A fire marshal said the blaze was caused by a laptop computer battery that overheated.

Last month, there was a fire in a two-story house in Carrick.

Sources tell KDKA someone inside the home was downloading a file.

The laptop was left on a couch and it overheated and ignited the furniture on fire.

Jay Armstrong, who runs Computer House Call in Sewickley, told KDKA-TV News Friday night to never place your laptop on something soft or flammable, like a mattress.

Armstrong also said, “Make certain the outlet you are using [for your laptop] is not overloaded, don’t have a lot of other stuff in the outlet.”

If my Laptop gets to Hot, I tell her to take a break and cool down awhile.

Lithium batteries are dangerous. Even in cars and airplanes.

Never leave one home alone.

If my Laptop gets to Hot, I tell her to take a break and cool down awhile.

Lithium batteries are dangerous. Even in cars and airplanes.

Never leave one home alone.
    Ah, technology; things were better and safer when we all lived in the woods. No fires except if your cave entrance was hit by lightning or you forgot to put out the fire and the wind blew it too hot. Oh yeah, the wild animals that might find you taste good with or without some ketchup.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Ah, technology; things were better and safer when we all lived in the woods. No fires except if your cave entrance was hit by lightning or you forgot to put out the fire and the wind blew it too hot. Oh yeah, the wild animals that might find you taste good with or without some ketchup.

Nothing like a nice cave entrance to keep you warm all night.

Sorry Cookie, I am LMAO , Bob Cracks a person up.

I almost fell out of my rocking chair.

I am a mess...

I remember once, my husband coming home from work saying, " boy, tell the kids to turn off their computers when they leave the house." When, I asked, why, he said, a co worker, was working on his computer when flames started shooting up the back of it. This was years ago, but, still, I always shut mine down, just in case. You just don't know, especially, if while sleeping.

Another time my husband asked me to buy him a small heater for under his desk at work, it was an older building, drafty and cold. So, at Home Depot I found a small one, and, he came home telling me, that the heater got soooo hot, it nearly, set his trousers bottoms on fire, lol.

I always told him, he was hot.

Now, Don, I thought mine was pretty funny, too! I was crackin' up writing about his "hot" pants, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Now, Don, I thought mine was pretty funny, too! I was crackin' up writing about his "hot" pants, lol.

lol

It was funny Cookie.

I bet you and him made a good pair.

lol

It was funny Cookie.

I bet you and him made a good pair.
    I am sure too Don; In fact, from all the great things Cookie has always said about him, I am 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    I am sure too Don; In fact, from all the great things Cookie has always said about him, I am 100% sure

Are you fixing to be Cold ?

I hear some snow may be dropping.

Nice time to snuggle...

Are you fixing to be Cold ?

I hear some snow may be dropping.

Nice time to snuggle...
    YEP, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT 20 INCHES OF THE WHITE SUFF HERE tonight. Oops, sorry about the caps lock being on.
    Good idea; let's she what she has to say about that Don.

Oh Yeah, the weather man was right this time. Most of the time, they and the other news people like to sensationalize every little thing into big news, but this time, it happened. We had somewhere between 20 and 30 inches of show come down. Lots of drifitng, making it much worse. I went out at 7:30 this morning, went to start up my snowblower, but I had left it empty in my garage, and the gas can? In my shed in the back yard. Damn idiot that I am sometimes! Trudged to the shed, got the gas and eventually got it started. Cleaning off the cars was difficult because the storm started out last night with wet, heavy snow that froze solid, and then by about 9pm, it was all snow, coming down like the dickens. And it did not stop til just before I went out at 7 am. Anything that could go wrong did, like the snow blower auger grabbing a tarp I had over a group of my wifes plants in the back yard. ( I was clearing a path around the back of my house to the deck). To make a real long story short ( I got done at 2 pm), Its done. Now its almost 3:30 in the afternoon, and a truck finally came to plow the street, but I'm looking out the window, and its stuck right in front of my house. Its too small a truck dummy! its only like an F250 size. We need a garbage truck size unit to push this crap around, something with a tandem axel, not just a 4X4, which I also have. I guess we will never get out to eat out tonight, and the mail will never come today. what ever happened to "neither rain nor snow nor inclement weather will stop the US MAil?

OK, rant over, but I'm still tired as shit. Dirty ratzafratz!!!!!

http://edition.pagesuite-professiona...9&ndal=Optimum
    Last edited by BobL43; 02-09-2013 at 12:35 PM.

6pm, street still not plowed. about 4 cars tried to make it through, got stuck, dug themselves out, wasted tankfuls of gas rocking back and forth.
    Lots of main roads still clooged up unplowed. What the hell is happening to us here?

I was out today, with just a light coat on enjoying the sun, I did some shopping, bought printer ink, bought groceries, got an ice cream at McDonalds. I had a nice day.