builing a home salon, need advice ....

Users who are viewing this thread

jekky

Reaction score
I am desperately hoping someone can help me with this dillemma. I am building a hair studio at home and am not sure what type of shampoo bowl to buy. I know that cast iron is the best, but it is also the most expensive and very heavy, so I am not willing to buy that. The abs plastic bowls are inexpensive, but scratch easily. Here are my options:
a fully cast acrylic bowl
an acrylic coated fiberglass bowl
an acrylic coated abs bowl
The full acrylic is the most expensive, and the abs coated the least.
Price ranges from $500 to $300 all shipping and fixtures considered. Which sink do you think would give me the best value for my dollar??? :confused:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you are going to be involved with any hair dye, I think you need a sink with a porcelain finish, like cast iron. Check to see if American Standard makes an Americast version of the sink you need, or Boots in Bootzcast.

jekky

Reaction score
thanks...

Thanks Jimbo, but those sinks are almost $1000:eek:...and since I worked i a salon with acrylic sinks and they lasted 15 years+, I'm just not willing to pay that price.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks