Cold Water Trickles out in Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

wittywop

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am relatively green when it comes to plumbing. Hope my problem makes sense.

So I have a tub that just has a lil cold water trickle out. all the other appliances in the bathroom work fine. ( separate shower, and both sinks) I thought maybe that there was some debris in the cold water line that is blocking it, or something wrong with the cartridge.

I pulled the cartridge, but there is a back part still in the wall. I have looked and found that the cartridge is an EZ-flo EZF7008. My question is how do I get the back part out? If I break it, do I have to get the same model, or can I get another cartridge that fit into the valve hole?

Thanks in advance

cart.jpgvalve.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The screws at the side are for the stops. If you open those without the cartridge in there, does the hot and the cold side flow?

With a pressure balanced cartridge, it has to have similar pressure from both sides. If the water heater is shut off at the valve, the cartridge will reduce the cold to match.

wittywop

Reaction score
Hey Terry,

Thanks for the reply. I have had the cartridge out and turned the cold on and still nothing. I adjusted the screw on the cold water side and that didn't seem to do anything.

Does that white piece ( back cartridge?) in the second picture come out?

thanks

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The piece still in the body is the pressure balance spool valve which is the likely culprit. It does come out but I don't know how.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Grab it with needle nose pliers....but you might nick it so plan on having a new one handy.

Looks like the EZ Flo cartridges for Press. Bal. models are sold as a unit with the spool.

Look at EZF7008 on www.alfanoplumbingparts.com ( under single handle cartridges).

That it their number, and I don't know if they sell to the public, but you supply house once they see the photo of the correct one can get it somewhere. EZ Flo is not a brand you will find at the hardware store,

Last edited:

wittywop

Reaction score
Thanks All for the help!!

I was able to fix the problem. I ordered a new cartridge from online and was able to pull out the old one with some needle nose pliers. Didn't mess it up, but had the back up in case

With the back cartridge out I turned the cold water back on and still got nothing. I tried messing with the sides stops again. Suddenly cold water blasted out. I felt like I just stuck oil! :)

I Thought I had messed with them before, but I think I might have had the water off when I did. Got everything put back together and cleaned up and my girlfriend is happy to be able to take a bath again.

Thanks again guys! you Rock!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks