Revamping bathroom - AS Standard Collection??

Users who are viewing this thread

cluenek

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm in the process of revamping my bathroom, new floor, new toilet, new vanity and some painting. We plan on keeping the existing wall tiles. I have a rather small bathroom. Area of the floor is 45"L x 55"W plus area for tub. The toilet and vainty need to be placed in the 45"L area due to the plumbing config. I'd prefer not to move any of the pluming. The way the bathroom is set up, we probably wouldn't gain much anyway. The current vanity is 21"W for counter top, 19"W base and the toilet is 20.5"W. AS's Standard Collection (Model 2474.016.020) with a dimensions 29-1/4" x 17-1/4" x 33" would be the perfect toilet size in order for me to install a 25", including counter top, vanity. Yeah, I know it will be tight. Also, the height of the toilet is great too, becase we want to hide some marks in the tile behind the toilet and this height will achieve this. I could replace the tile, but I'm having problems getting a good color match.

Does anyone have any opinions on this particular toilet?
Again: American Standard Standard Collection (Model 2474.016.020)

Thanks

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Won't comment on the toilet...did you check out Terry's toilet reviews on the home page?

Note, code requires 15" either side of the centerline of the toilet. Make sure adding length to the vanity does not impact that.

cluenek

Reaction score
Dang, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware. Suppose it would be less than the code allowed for. How bad would that be? I checked the toilet reviews and did not notice one for this particular toilet.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
cluenek said:
Dang, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware. Suppose it would be less than the code allowed for. How bad would that be? I checked the toilet reviews and did not notice one for this particular toilet.
Inspector doesn't notice on rough inspection, but then fails your final. You have to tear everything out and start over. Is that bad enough?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks