Boiler Front Gasket Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

jmacl

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had a quick question about the size of the job to replace the front gasket on my boiler.
The sweating shouldn't be an issue for me, but I am a little worried about draining the boiler.
Also the construction of the internals after the plate is removed concerns me, I am not sure what to expect
from the thermostat, and how the front plate will actually remove. So I was hoping that someone with
experience could tell me whether I can DYI this, or if I should leave it for a pro.

The boiler is a:
Trianco Heatmaker
Serial: 1093-1199
Model: DBC-85

Are there torque specs for the plate?

Possibly the cause of the failure was over tightening?

The gasket from the side, looks water logged:
1.jpg

Front shot:
3.jpg

Right side, not leaking:
4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks in advance!

James

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 391

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can't answer your question, but I had a Trianco Heatmaker (different model), and finally replaced it because it was so much of a pain to keep running. It was the Heatmaker II, with the domestic hot water built in.

jmacl

Reaction score
Yeah, I am getting that feeling that it might need more maintenance than it's worth. I need to finish the season out with it, and I think it will make it, but if it was a 4-6 hour job I would probably do it. Anyway, thanks for the input!

jmacl

Reaction score
Well it turns out it should be fine for the rest of the season. I was told to just tighten it up, and it will last, but I should have someone out to work on it once we are not longer heating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks