New Delta Prelude Toilets at Home Depot

Users who are viewing this thread

rkpatt

Reaction score
I am considering buying the Delta Prelude model for a rental property. Generic parts are a requirement . Will that Korky 3060BP flapper work ? - Thanks

It's a 3" fllush valve. It's a an allegedly-3-3/4"-flapper, but I don't know what that means. I would be curious whether the Korky Large 3" Adjustable Toilet flapper, model 3060BP, would fit and would adjust to the proper water-dispensation level. http://www.korky.com/Flapper3060BP.html

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I am considering buying the Delta Prelude model for a rental property. Generic parts are requirement . Will that Korky 3060BP flapper work ? - Thanks

Korky now has a vastly-improved, really great web site. One feature is that you put in the brand and model of toilet and it spits out the proper Korky fill valve(s) and flapper(s) for that toilet.

If you input the Delta Prelude to the Korky web site, it shows that the 3060 flapper is appropriate for that toilet. And it will take any standard fill valve, unlike the Corrente.

korky-3060-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rkpatt

Reaction score
wjcandee - Thanks for tip on the Korky website ( korky dot com , click on " toilet toolbox " link). This is a very helpful tool. I may look at other brands-models now that I can determine what universal / non-proprietary replacement parts are available.

BTW, how does this toilet compare with "residue" and bowl wash vs the other round front toilets in this price range ( $100- $150 ) . Is this better than the American Standard Cadet 3, Kohler Wellworth ? Recommendations ?

Last edited:

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Yep I worry about that fill valve too.

I can't say with absolute certainty because I haven't personally seen the actual product, but based on the picture, the fill valve has Fluidmaster characteristics. I previously owned a Kohler San Raphael and my sister has Niagara Flapperless toilets and each brand uses a unique proprietary fill valve made by Fluidmaster. You won't find these particular valves on the shelf at the big box stores, but they use the same replacement seal as the universal grey and black Fluidmaster. My experience has been, more often than not, that the seal is all that ever goes wrong with the Fluidmaster valve.

Whitlow

Reaction score
The Delta Corrente is still working good so far! I wish the bowl cleaning was a little better. They now have a Lilah toilet which seems to use similiar parts.

JMac

Reaction score
Whitlow, don't know what part of of GA you're in, or if you are still looking... but I know of a plumbing supply place just W of Atlanta that has very competitive pricing on Totos, and many other brands.

Whitlow

Reaction score
Whitlow, don't know what part of of GA you're in, or if you are still looking... but I know of a plumbing supply place just W of Atlanta that has very competitive pricing on Totos, and many other brands.
I'm near the Gwinnett Braves stadium and might be interested in checking it out I still have an old toilet downstairs and small round home depot brand in kids bathroom I'd like to replace with smallest good elongated toilet due to small space. They have a unit at Costco :-O that's says 27 inches smallest I think I've seen.

Whitlow

Reaction score
The Delta Corrente is still working good, but it appears Home Depot no longer carries this model in store :-(
It also appears Delta is back tracking on some of the new ideas with the fill line coming into the top of the tank and moved to more standard looking parts. The tank connecting mechanism seems to have been copied by some like Kohler which I think is a good thing. The low-cost Delta's seem to be pretty good and eliminate the special parts except for maybe the 3-4 inch flapper. The Delta Turner is now getting good reviews and doesn't look too bad. It looks much better than the prelude.

Whitlow

Reaction score
The Delta Corrente is still working fine after ~5 years. I have not had to replace any parts. A friend bought 3 and only had an issue with one and Delta sent him a complete new set of tank parts so now he has spare parts. To be honest I bought it because I thought it looked nice as well as the new features at the time.

Whitlow

Reaction score
The Delta Corrente is still working fine after ~5 years. I have not had to replace any parts. A friend bought 3 and only had an issue with one and Delta sent him a complete new set of tank parts so now he has spare parts. To be honest I bought it because I thought it looked nice as well as the new features at the time.

Well the Delta Corrente toilet started leaking. It appears to just be the flapper. I removed the flapper seal and traced it to head to home depot to find a matching seal, but while putting it back on the ABS plastic of the flapper had become so brittle the locking notches broke off. :eek:

I looked at the Delta website and it looks like they are not carrying all the parts now like the special fill valve, but most parts they still have although expensive like the flapper is $14 :(
I read in online reviews it's due to the silicone flapper seal bubbling, but can be dried out.
I temporarily put it back on thinking it would hold but both the seal and the center portion of the flapper went down the toilet! :eek:
I shut the water back off and ran to Home Depot and luckily I found a Korky universal 3 inch flapper that said it fit!
So far so good and it maybe better than the original Delta one. ;)

20191222_160557 (2).jpg
20191222_170942 (2).jpg 20191222_170950.jpg
20191222_181007 (2).jpg
20191222_181011 (2).jpg

Whitlow

Reaction score
In retrospect about buying a toilet...make sure parts are readily available or match other existing parts from other manufacturers.
I still like the Delta Corrente design better than the Delta Turner. It just seems thicker / more heavy duty and prefer the flush better.
Hopefully I won't have any issues for another 5-10 years, but at some point I may have to replace if parts are not available.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks