stainless 20 or30 gal tank

Users who are viewing this thread

zillfat

In the Trades
Reaction score
any opinions good or bad any thoughts good or bad anything.i would like to plumb to dem water from street does any body know if and where to get.
i would rather not buy a water heater to dismantle for only the tank.
thanks for any help

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is anyone hear that can decode your language. I know that I haven't got a clue what this is about.

zillfat

In the Trades
Reaction score
looking for a water tank only a tank to put in line with boiler incoming water for demestic use. street pressure 60 psi so just any tank wont do

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you installed a bladder tank, if the supply water was lost, and you had a checkvalve on the inlet, you'd still have whatever was stored in there with street pressure. Course, without a pump, it would slowly decrease pressure as you used it. Most of them aren't SS, though.

zillfat

In the Trades
Reaction score
tank not for storage or dooms day. incoming wateronly 42 f rise in boiler about 70f not a good shower want tank in basement to raise water temp to boiler
dont want a heater just a tank need to know who sells them

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jadnashua
Most of them aren't SS, though.

Nor do they need to be since the water doesn't touch the steel but rather is contained by the bladder.

Incorrect. The AIR is contained in the bladder and the water pressure compresses it. The tank is partially full of water when the bladder is pressurized and FULL of water when the bladder pressure drops to zero. However, we still do NOT know what he wants the tank for, because it will NOT raise the water temperature no matter what it is made of.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Incorrect. The AIR is contained in the bladder and the water pressure compresses it.
Every metal tank with replaceable bladder that I've seen, the bladder went in at the opposite end of where the air valve was and the bladder connected to the water supply, not to the air valve. The air is trapped between the bladder and the metal inside of the tank. That also explains why, when the bladder ruptures, you get rusty water since the water does not normally touch the metal.

I do know however, that the WellMate composite tank with bladder works the way you describe but then it is composite so no rust issues.

Here is a cut away view:
6774808_f260.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks