Need Good Toilet fill valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I have a old school Toilet that needs a good water inlet valve.

What is the best now a days ?

I have been using the replacements with the Big Black Ball, but they do not seem to last.

My water is soft but the replacements are junk.

Toilet is American Standard. The tank is about 1 foot tall.

A link to Terry's site would be nice, If he sells the good ones.

I want Max Flow, Not water saving.

Thank You.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been liking the Korky MaxPeformance fill valve.
You can adjust the bowl fill on those. Pretty quiet too.
Can you post of picture of inside the tank though. That sounds like a pretty short tank.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most any replacement toilet fill valve is adjustable in height, but the do have limits! As long as the one you select can be adjusted in height to fit, it should be able to set the fill level properly. I agree, I've had good luck with the Korky valves, but have used Fluidmasters as well (not recently, though). Sometimes, it's not obvious how to adjust them in height, and some then also have a separate water level adjustment to fine tune the fill level.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The Korky looks good.

The Korky MaxPerformance it is.

It would be nice to get 5 years out of one.

Thank You for the Info.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It would be nice to get 5 years out of one.

And if you don't, you just call Korky at 1-800-LAVELLE and they'll send you a new one (or a new repair cap; most of the moving parts in the valve are contained in a little cap that you can replace in 30 seconds without removing the valve, and costs $3 at Lowe's), almost no questions asked. I needed a piece of attachment hardware that I either misplaced or didn't get one day, and they were happy to send me the little bag of attachment hardware for free. One call and it was on the way, came by mail in a couple of days. I actually wanted to pay them something for the shipping, and they wouldn't hear of it. That's how you take care of customers and keep them happy. Nice folks, all there in Wisconsin where they make the stuff.

GeorgeCT

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
The Korky MaxPeformance is an awesome replacement fill valve.
It pretty much works with every toilet out there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks