Found a green knob in closet?

Users who are viewing this thread

silversvt26

Reaction score
In our downstairs closet at the bottom of the wall by the door there is a green knob sticking out of the wall. It look slike a water valve you would turn off or on outside.

We do have a 1/2 bath right behind that wall but if we turn it many times right or left it doesn't seem to make any difference. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

The reason is I am needing to replace the water inlet fittings to our toilet in one of the bathrooms upstairs and I need to turn the water off. There is no valve under the sink upstairs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It may be a water shutoff. If so, it would close clockwise and open counter clockwise.
If you have an expansion tank, it would take a while for the water to quit draining down. Those can hold about 2 gallons.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks