Hardie Primer before installing Kerdi

Users who are viewing this thread

Lunker

Reaction score
I read somewhere that spraying the hardie board with a "level-quick primer" before installing kerdi it will make things a lot easier because the hardie will then not suck the moisture out of the thin-set.... can anyone second this solution?

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
I used Laticrete's primer on the Durock in my shower prior to installing the Kerdi; I believe I applied two coats a day apart. There were no problems with the thinset drying out too quickly, and since this was my first Kerdi project I'm sure I took a LOT longer than an experienced installer.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
I used the primer on my cement board also before the Kerdi. I did one coat. Seemed to work fine. Didn't have issues with the thinset drying out.

Lunker

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I sprayed the hardie with primer,let it sit for a few hours and then installed the kerdi. I'm a first time installer, and it went smooth as silk, no drying out of the thin-set and no air bubbles. I was honestly worried about the install, but it was easy as pie.... :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks