problem with kitchen spray hose

Users who are viewing this thread

wclclearwater98

Reaction score
please help....

i just went to replace my old kitchen sprayer hose on the sink, and when i follow the hose to the water main, where it connects to the water main, it doesn't screw on like a regular fitting. i broke off the plastic piece around it thinking it was just a casing and found it just an outlet

how do i replace??

please

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
please help....

i just went to replace my old kitchen sprayer hose on the sink, and when i follow the hose to the water main, where it connects to the water main, it doesn't screw on like a regular fitting. i broke off the plastic piece around it thinking it was just a casing and found it just an outlet

how do i replace??

please
Need brand and modal # other than replace the faucet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of those use a snap lock fitting like on an air hose or a gas connector for a barbeque.

wclclearwater98

Reaction score
thanks!

the guy that sold me the new hose with the screw on fitting said it was universal. I didnt know about the snap lock fitting hoses.

know i now.

do you need any special tools or experience to put that kind on?

thanks again

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As Benny Hill would have said, "Universal" is what they call it, not what it is". Assuming you did not damage the faucet's connection, the new hose will either have the snap fitting attached, or should come with the "snap coupling" that attaches it. However, those hoses are NOT "universal" so you need to know the make and model of the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks