Collapsed flexible tubing used for the drain line on the condensate pump

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
After 3 month of use, I just noticed that about a 10 Ft section of the flexible tubing used for the drain line on the condensate pump has collapsed. From the furnace to the ceiling, it is flatter than a pancake. It must be too soft to maintain its shape. This can't be normal and will not drain well.

Can anyone tell me how my contractor should fix the problem and why this even happened?

DanMcD

Reaction score
Well, the HVAC guy replaced the entire piece of 3/8 inch flexible vinyl flexible tubing that ran from my condensate pump to the laundry room tub. The entire piece was flat as can be. He said he never saw anything like it in his 20 years on the job.
I wondered if when I chlorinated my well, the chlorine somehow did this…but that is hard for me to believe.

DanMcD

Reaction score
Terry Love,

Can you tell me how that picture by my username gets displayed when I post a message. I like it, but I never posted a picture to use.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry picked the photo based on your location. You see mine is baskets of apples. Well, in reality, I don't think any apples in Yakima, WA were ever picked in baskets, in fact bushel boxes haven't been used for years. But, the point is of course, apples and Yakima are very closely connected.

Last edited:

DanMcD

Reaction score
Well, for you HVAC folks out there, as it turns out, my furnace contractor had twice used the wrong quality 3/8 vinyl tubing.

The stuff for HVAC use that they were suppose to use is made by a company called Diveristech. This is thicker wall tubing. They used:

Diversitech

7—38P

C1011EZ 3/8 x ½

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks