Fittings for Shower arm

Users who are viewing this thread

Planeguy9104

Reaction score
Remodeling my bath to install Moen IODigital vertical spa. I am going to use the shower head as an overhead rainshower, and the Handshower as the wall shower. To feed the rainshower, I am running cpvc up the inside of the plumbing wall, then using a 1/2 " x 24" chrome nipple across the ceiling (exposed), to a junction for the fixture. (Haven't exactly designed that yet...?)

The question is about the transition from cpvc to the chrome and back at the fixture. I know that for pressure situations, I should use a transition union not an adapter, but is it necessary for the shower output. I was hoping to use a cpvc drop ear 1/2" weld x 1/2" FIP thread at the top of the rise and then a galvanized 1/2" street elbow at the fixture, for space savings.

Any thoughts or other ideas. I am staying out of the attic because of difficulty reaching the edge and freeezing concerns. I could build a small soffit to cover the pipe, but that is almost as much trouble/$.

Ted

moen-io-digital-unit.jpg

io-digital-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Forget any galvanized piping - eventually, it will rust. Use a brass or bronze drop-ear...you do not want a female plastic fitting - they tend to split. For the short distances you're talking about, I think I'd use copper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks