Hot Water Mystery- Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

MissLizzie85

Reaction score
My husband and I are having a problem that our plumber can't quite figure out. We've lived in our house (a 2 bath) for almost 3 years. Until about a year ago, we got great hot water in all of the sinks, showers, etc. One year ago, the water started maxing out at lukewarm in ONE BATHROOM. When we flush the toilet, it gets hot- otherwise, it stays at warm. Recently, the kitchen sink has had a similar problem- won't get past warm after running it for a few minutes- when the sink in the next room gets hot immediately. The utility sink and the washer still get scalding hot in a matter of seconds. What is going on?? The plumber checked the heating components in the hot water heater and said they're working fine. If it were a piping issue, wouldn't the problem have started earlier than a year ago?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks