Jackhammering Noise in Bath/Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

JRoyer

Reaction score
I have an American Standard Pressure Balance Bath/Shower Faucet in an upstairs bathroom (Williamsburg model - single lever). Because of water pressure issues (lack thereof when the outside sprinkler system is on), water saver is off.

If I turn the lever on cold, no problem - normal flow of cold water. If I turn the lever - quickly - to hot water, no problem again - normal flow of hot water. However, when the lever is between cold and hot to regulate the temp, the water flow is reduced to a trickle, and a loud hammering noise occurs.

House is fairly new (2001 built) and the bedroom is a spare. My wife and I have tried using the bathroom on several back-to-back days to see if this issue occurred due to lack of use, but the problem is still there.

I am concerned that there may be a problem other than the faucet, which could require ripping up the drywall, etc. Any advice would be appreciated!

JRoyer

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks