Sanitary T????

Users who are viewing this thread

James Agans

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if they actually labeled a fitting by what it did? Like sanitary T. Why don't they call it a "Venting T" Since it cannot be used on its back for drainage. Yes I know that it can be used vertically when a horizontal branch runs to its side, but it would be nice if they would correct the terminology a little bit. Like a combo fitting. Why not call it a long sweep TY or something like that?

Its like why do we still have Metric and SAE wrenches and bolts. Why cant somebody get some balls and say "OK on January 1st, 2013 The US is Metric."

No wonder our health care sucks, we cant even fix our wrench problem!!!!!

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
One because plumbers all know what a San tee looks like and can be used for. Two because they can be used for waste in the vertical position and three because plywood isn't metric and metric sucks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The US tried to convert to metric several years ago, but it didn't fly with the population. I would disagree slightly with Tom Sawyer though. Metric really doesn't "suck", it's just different than we all grew up with and are comfortable with. Sort of like left hand drive automobiles vs right hand drive. Is one better than another? No, but we are so ingrained with left hand drive, the other side seems wrong.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
About 20ish years ago, I was on a business trip into China from Hong Kong, which was still British. China drives on the right, but in the border economic zone, a lot of vehicles were brough in from HK...right hand steering wheel. That is a hoot....you are cruising along as the front seat passenger, behind a big truck or bus...your driver wants to pass....you have to lean out your window and give him the all clear for moving out into the passing lane. Sometimes wonder how I lived thru some of these adventures! Back alleys of Olongapo at zero dark thirty...etc!!!!!!!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Our health care does not suck: it is the best in the world. It is, however, to some extent expensive.

Soon it will not be as good. But it will be a gradual process and nobody will equate the cause with the result. Or at least politicians will deny it.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
James, you're really onto something.

Why don't they put labels on absolutely everything.

And then warnings on them to.

This is a FORK.

Caution: Fork is sharp at one end

This is Fork's handle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks