Hot water only in new house

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A hot limit stop on the stem does NOT qualify as anti-scald. However, the spool in there is a balancing spool.

UPC is not a brand name. It is the code seal of approval from IAPMO. There are NEVER any repair kits for this type of cartrigde. You need to buy a new cartridge.

ou1954

Reaction score
A hot limit stop on the stem does NOT qualify as anti-scald. However, the spool in there is a balancing spool.

UPC is not a brand name. It is the code seal of approval from IAPMO. There are NEVER any repair kits for this type of cartrigde. You need to buy a new cartridge.

San Diego- Lived there and in La Jolla for 50 years and retired back to Oklahoma in 2007. Sad that this cartridge has no brand name but I did find a replacement as mentioned. The vendor in New York is closed on weekends so I will contact them next week. It pains me to have to buy a whole new cartridge when the only issue is that one seal. I was on my feet all day yesterday and will have a look with a mirror tomorrow. Thanks so much for clarifying the brand issue.

I tend to understand that the piston that floats back and forth is some sort of anti-scald device which is supposed to shut down hot flow if cold pressure suddenly drops. I do understand that the limit stop on the front of the unit is simply a maximum hot setting device. Thanks again Jimbo. My kids are all in SD and they have children and grand-children and I miss them a lot but we had to retire here because of the cost of living.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks