(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Basement plumbing question

Threaded View

Default Basement plumbing question

I am adding a washroom in the basement and have a question about the standpipe for the washer and the drain for the toilet.

1. My toilet placement will be 9' from the stack and almost directly in line with a shower drain (See diagram #1) . How do I run the two to the stack (looking for a diagram)?

2. I plan on adding a nice laundry center setup in the wall and have a diagram of a proposed layout (Diagram #2 and #3). Would this layout be correct (There is obviously a p-trap on both the sink and the standpipe)?
    I realize that a 2" pipe calls for a 1.5" vent but I have an older house that has a 1.25" vent. I would have to rip out existing walls and an existing upstairs shower to replace it with 1.5", as there is no access (side split house), and yes I checked the attic.
    Can I still use the 1.25" vent with the 2" pipe? I had the same model washer/dryer in my condo and it drained into a 1.5" standpipe without issues (instructions call for 2" though)

Any help would be appreciated.

Name:  Plumbing.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  33.3 KB
    Last edited by marek; 01-09-2013 at 08:15 PM.