Raising a wall mounted toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Onlooker

Reaction score
My mom is elderly and lives alone in a co-op. She is getting her bathroom made more handicap friendly, but has been told that there is no way to raise her wall-mounted toilet and there are no high wall mounted toilets. Her current one is about 14" off the floor, she says, and she really needs another 5 or 6 inches. Is there a type of toilet that can be installed for her that would be substantially higher or does she have to continue to use a plastic toilet riser?

Thanks.

Reaction score
The plastic toilet riser seat will be the cheapest solution, otherwise get ready to rip
out the wall & associated plumbing and install the w.c. higher. One of my elderly
parents had the plastic "riser seat" with grab bars. It seemed to work o.k. for them!

Reaction score
The plastic "toilet riser" seat is the cheapest solution, unless you want to tear out
the wall, ..remove the existing wall mounted water closet and install it in a high
position.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The carrier in the wall can be installed at any height (thus changing the seat height)...moving the plumbing and tearing up the wall can be problematic especially if this is back-to-back of another bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks