Toto Soiree Lazy Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

lennym

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a look at the chain. While there's some slack, there's no question but the lever lifts the flapper to the max. It does not seem like there's water in the float. I have now changed the hole into which the chain attaches on the brass lever rod to the last one. Gives it a very slightly different angle and maybe lifts the flap a bit more. We'll see.

Does the current Soiree use a float? If not, what? I think I've read on this forum that there are some 3rd party flappers that permit adjustment of the amount of water drop. Time to replace? Any suggestions? Thanks.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Korky 3060BP is an adjustable 3" flapper that would fit your Soiree. Korky is who we recommend on here. It doesn't have or need a float. The new Toto flappers don't use a float.

korky-3060-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lennym

Reaction score
Yes, after all it was the flapper. So I had to buy a new one, and this will be my 3rd in about 3 years. IIRC Toto sent a new one for the first replacement, but not for this one. Following up on the suggestion in another thread, since putting in the second flapper I'm using two rubber washers to center it. I can't figure out why the little arms that hold the flappers are so obviously oversized.

Anyway I got an adjustable Korky, without the float, and find that it is best at the lowest number (1). The flush can be fine tuned to a small extent using the water level. So three flappers in 3 years, and the need for centering washers. Not a good record for an expensive toilet!

Just for the record, I also have an 8 year old Toto Carrollton with the original blue flapper that has never had to be changed. Go figure.

cst774s-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks