Culligan Super S not pulling bleach

Users who are viewing this thread

Rjh2o

Reaction score
The media for these tanks is Centaur Carbon. If it is the newer style with a center opening tank then you simply need to dump out old media, add gravel bed and appropriate amount of centaur (1 1/2 cu ft for 10x54 tank), being careful to not get anything down the distributor tube/manifold. If its the old style tank it would need to rebed by the dealer.
RJH2O

John J Wrona

Reaction score
No idea if anyone's gonna get this! But, here goes. It's 3/30/2015 and I just started having the 'not pulling bleach on the regen' so I found this post and 'Akpsdvan' was right on. I pulled off the silver cover on the unit and THERE WAS NO INJECTOR NOZZLE LIKE YOU PICTURED IN POST #12. I purchased the unit new back in like 1996 and it's been working like a champ since - never changed the resin or anything. Now, I find that this piece does not seem to be there. So, I cleaned the empty hole with vinegar (poured some in), made sure the wand and the hose was not plugged and started a regen - sucked up the bleach and worked like a charm. Question: since I don't seem to have the 'nozzle' (just the white plastic assemble with a hole where the nozzle should be) but it seems to work - am I missing something here or should I just keep going with what has been working? Dumb question but apparently pouring some vinegar in the opening cleared up the 'rust' or whatever was wrong. And, how necessary is that nozzle for proper operation???? Thanks in advance if anyone gets this :).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks