Help identify this shower valve, please

Users who are viewing this thread

ERoth

Reaction score
Our shower started leaking (hot water) when shut off about a month ago, and has streadily gotten worse. Just recently, the water flow suddenly got so low when turned on that the shower is unuseable. Since we have hard water, I assume this means replacing the inner parts of the valve (at best). This valve was installed by a plumber about 7 years ago. The cover plate says Kohler, but this doesn't look like the pictures I can find or the repair videos on YouTube. The flange behind the stem seems to be attached to what may be a screw cap on the valve body, but I put a wrench on it and it did not turn easily. Since the valve is only secured by the copper feed and output lines, I didn't feel comfortable putting any significant torque on the "cap." Since there is no shutoff valve except for the whole house shutoff, and we have 7 people in the house, I thought it best to ask questions beforeng exploratory sugery by removing the two screws visible at 3 & 9 o'clock at the base of what I think is the cartridge housing. Any help in identifying the valve and/or advise on the best way to proceed would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 212
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks