(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Adding Utlity Sink - Drain and venting

Threaded View

Default Adding Utlity Sink - Drain and venting

I am adding a utility sink next to a washer in a single story home. Is it okay to have a 1.5" branch connect to a vertical 1.5" sanitary T with a bushing on the bottom connecting to a 2" elbow. There is a 1.5" cleanout and dry vent on the top of the Sanitary T. There are no other drains attached (just the sink). I would use a 2x2x1.5" sanitary T to make the connection but it puts the drain line too low to provide a 1/4" per foot slope. the branch line is less than three feet to vent/San T.

Basically, this would be a single branch draining in to a stack of the same size. However, the stack would immediately increase to 2" within 1" of the connection.

I was not able to attach files in this forum for some reason. However, the sketches are attached in the following forum: http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/adding...y-sink-168000/

I appreciate any help you can provide.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 01-02-2013 at 03:21 PM.