Suggestions for bidet seat for American Standard Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

PortlandBill

Reaction score
Terry, do you have any suggestions for a compatible washlet seat for this American Standard toilet? It has a very circular seat.
I have a Blooming Bidet in the main bathroom, however, the seat pads are a poor fit for this toilet. You actually gave great advice that previous time based on a photo, so I'm hoping you can do it again!
It's a nice old toilet, however, might be that it needs to be replaced. Particular as I like the new Toto seats but doubt they'll fit this toilet.

Toilet-1.jpg

Toilet-3.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's kind of short, but at least there is plenty of room between seat bolts and the tank.
TOTO has some new less expensive seats that I can add to my shopping cart this week.
You might also look at the INAX Clessence. Check back Wednesday afternoon and I'll have more information.

I kinda prefer the elongated bowls if I'm going with a bidet seat though.

PortlandBill

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I'll check back later in the week.
I'll probably get a remote control model, so presumably the INAX Luscence would be a similar fit to the Clessence.
For Toto I was interested in the S300e or S350e. From the Toto sizing chart the depth should be a perfect match, but I can't tell on the width "D" measurement. The chart says a minimum of 9" clear from the center of the bowl, however they say nothing about how wide the seat actually is.

The current model
TOTO SW3046#01 S500e WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat with EWATER+ and Contemporary Lid, Elongated, Cotton White

4/9/2020

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The E seats from TOTO are "slowly" becoming available. We haven't gotten our first one yet.
Sometimes marketing is ahead of supply. They're coming though.

ong_4890.jpg

Here is a round bowl version of the S350e that we installed.

Last edited:

PortlandBill

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. My strategy will be to switch the toilet to an elongated Toto (presumably a better chance of a good seat fit compared to other brands) and then wait on the washlet until the S350e seat becomes available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks