Can this flange be doubled-up somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joerg

Reaction score
This is part of a picture from a previous thread but not related to the carrier so I figured it is better to start a separate thread. This flange is the waste connection to a wallmount toilet but the builders did not make it stick far enough out. I cannot get any finish wall in there thin enough to make it extend the required 5/16" from that finished wall. Unfortunately it's not moving at all and isn't part of the carrier. Probably not even a screwed nipple but glued in. It looks like ABS.

Is there something like an additional ring that I could expoxy on? Or is there any other option?

Bob NH gave me hints how to salvage the carrier but without extending this flange I can't really do it unless I rip out all the wood and saw some custom pieces.

Regards, Joerg.

Attachments

• carrier02.jpg
    carrier02.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 258

Joerg

Reaction score
Hello JCH,

Thanks! There is a HD about 10 miles from here so I'll check that out. 1/2" would just about hit the spot in this situation.

Regards, Joerg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks