Back in 2007 I bought a guide called "Build the Ultimate Playhouse in 2 days", and myself and my son spend the weekend putting it together. I decide I'd make a thread showing my work!
- 6 - 6' x 8' stockade fence with 2x3 supports
- 4 - 4 x 4 x 6' Treated timbers
- 2 - 2 x 4 x 8' Treated lumber
- 2 - 2 x 4 x 8' Lumber
- 1 - 2 x 3 x 8' lumber. (As straight as possible)
- 1 - 1 x 3 x 8' lumber
- 1 roll of Roll roofing
- 2 - 1lb Box of 1 1/4" Deck Screws
- 1lb Box of 3" Deck Screws
- 1lb Box of 7/8 roofing nails (left over from another project)
- 3 Gallon of Deck stain (2 light cedar, 1 dark green)
- 2 Packages of Cedar shims
Total Cost for me = $268.42
- Shovel: Spade
- 4' Level
- Circular Saw
- Chalk line
- Utility knife
Little man decides to help out a ton!
So if you are working on a playhouse I'd recommend checking it out, it took about 8 hours in total (minus breaks), and the guide really helps you focus on customizing it and working with the bare minimal.
I had looked at tons of products and they were just too costly.
What do you guys think of the playhouse? We've still got it up and I've been thinking of expanding it!