Need suggestion short hot water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

dpw-ct

Reaction score
I need to replace a 15 year old electric hot water heater in my miami condo. The largest unit that will fit is 22 1/2 inch dia x 32 inches high. Any suggestion on what the biggest and best water heater I can put in. Currently have a 30gal - its ok for the showers but can't fill a large tub (I may just have to live with that - can't really relocate the water heater.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The size of a water heater is determined by its capacity, since water has a specific volume. Unfortunately, a 30 gallon heater is the only one with that limited diameter. If you can get 24" wide, possibly by taking a door apart to get it into the space, then you have a choice of either a 40 or 50 gallon one, both of them being within your height restriction.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
To get more capacity, increase the temperature setting and install a tempering valve to make the output safe. It won't improve recovery time but will provide more hot water.

If there is adequate supply at the panel, you might consider tankless or hybrid but keep in mind they have limited flow and output depends on how cold the inlet water is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks