What is this shower cartridge?

Users who are viewing this thread

tp3

Reaction score
Can someone please id this shower cartridge?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 967
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 519

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are unfortunately a million that all look alike. If you go to this link: www.alfanoplumbingparts.com and scan thru the cartridges catalog, the unique features to compare are diameter,overall length, number of "teeth" on the splined shaft, and the distinct shape of the bottom blue gasket . Give us some overall photos of the valve and trim to help us out.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
old style Gerber (most likely because the colors are the same), although it appears to be similar to several other "old style" cartridges which all probably used the same core. None of them, however, have the long shank that yours appears to have, unless it is just a bad picture.

tp3

Reaction score
old style Gerber (most likely because the colors are the same), although it appears to be similar to several other "old style" cartridges which all probably used the same core. None of them, however, have the long shank that yours appears to have, unless it is just a bad picture.

The picture is fine and a true representation. I have seen similiar cartridge on the previous comment's site but with shorter shank, which may be used in a faucet as opposed to a shower. What happens if I really can't find this cartridge anywhere? Do I need to take the whole assembly out of the shower valve casing and replace with something on the market?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks