(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON

Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON Surface Protector

Will I be able to see the TEFLON® Surface Protector on my toilet surfaces?

No, the TEFLON® Surface Protector is invisible. In fact, TEFLON® Surface Protector modifies bathroom surfaces at a microscopic level and is far thinner than the width of a human hair.

Does a film build up over time on toilet surfaces?

No, once the invisible TEFLON® Surface Protector is in place, subsequent layers cannot build up on top of it.

How long will toilet surfaces be protected?

Laboratory tests indicate that the protective TEFLON® Surface Protector of Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON® Surface Protector lasts for approximately 140 flushes before it begins to wear away.

What is the advantage of having the TEFLON® Surface Protector in the toilet?

The invisible layer that is applied to the surface by Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON® Surface Protector acts as a protective barrier against tough bathroom grime (such as rust or hard water stains in the toilet). Because these stains don't stick to the treated surfaces, the bathroom will stay cleaner longer. And, because it is harder for dirt and grime to stick to bathroom surfaces, subsequent cleanings may also be easier.

Will I still have to clean if I use a TEFLON® Surface Protector product?

Yes, because the invisible layers of TEFLON® Surface Protector wear away after time, repeated application of the products is necessary. However, the TEFLON® Surface Protector technology can help make cleaning easier by applying an invisible shield that helps prevents stains from adhering to bathroom surfaces.
    Last edited by Terry; 05-28-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Terry,

Forgive my confusion. Is this a new product that you've run accross or is this a product that you have experience with and you recommend?

Thank you,

Jerry

Blog Entries

Default Bowl staining. best way to prevent a bowl stain.

I've used it.

It does keep the bowl cleaner.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-17-2006 at 10:08 AM.

Thank you for the information!!!

Jerry

Dellar

I use this product, it works great. I'm glad somebody thought of this. The regular spray surface cleaner works really good too on sinks, tubs, etc.

Is this ok to use with SaniGloss?

Blog Entries

I'm finding out the hard way. I'm using it on all my toilets, included the Sanigloss Ultramax.

I will keep you updated.

Thumbs up Product Review.......

I've got to tell everyone about my experience with this product. In twenty words or less...... IT WORKS !!!

Thanks Terry, it does just what it is supposed to do even those areas that are on the sides of the bowl. I love to find a product that works.
    see ya, Tom

Yup. Great product worth talking about. It's a winner. I experimented with the slippery-ness just by rubbing it between my thumb and index finger and it is far more slippery than oils or silicone imo.

It is unlike so many of these products that are marginal or just rely on the cleansing property of water.

Lasting for 140 flushes? maybe, I suppose.
    I think that would depend on the amount of debris-not just number of flushes. Perhaps different in every home, is my non professional guess.

When they find out how well it works they will probably start marketing Teflon toothpaste etc....lol.

Terry - how did the Teflon work on the Sanigloss. Any better or worse than Sanigloss alone. My gut feeling is that it would have a harder time sticking to Sanigloss. Sending micro-nano particles into a septic system may be a long term problem.

I am about to install the Kohler Cimmaron -- I have heard that keeping it clean is NOT easy... Part of me wants to return it, and buy the Toto, another part of me says that *this* may be a help...

Funny, seeing how I don't even know if I'm going to have a problem keeping the Kohler clean.

But thanks for the info.

Pete

Default Kohler Cimarron

I installed a Cimarron (elongated) with a Fluidmaster Flush 'n Sparkle gizmo (http://www.fluidmaster.com/care_products_8300.html) and haven't had any problems keeping it clean. I installed the bleach formula to keep my wife from throwing those chemical disks into the tank!!

Blog Entries

Teflon on the Sanigloss.
    That's what I've been using.
    I flushed it the other day, and whoosh, it was all gone! I don't mean the Teflon, the other stuff was gone.

The Sanigloss is nice.

I have a problem with my internal workings and diarreha is an ongoing and daily problem. Is there anything better than the UltiMax + Sanigloss for keeping the bowel clean under these circumstances?

Blog Entries

I was all ready to try the new Toto Soriee with Cyclone flush, but then I got a call and I sold it before I could install it. The Ultramax with Sanagloss does work pretty well though. That's what I have downstairs.

That one has Sanagloss and has water swirling around the bowl.
    I have another one on order, this time I better just install it right away for myself. It will be going in the Master.