A few months ago my Culligan Estate 2 failed catastrophically with water spraying out from the control valve. I used the peripheral plumbing already in place to bypass it. Today I noticed its still leaking (slowly), which means my bypass valve(s) probably need repair. In the mean time, I pushed the softener bypass to "bypass" as well.


1) Can I reuse the existing bypass with a new softener?

2) If so, how does the control valve disconnect from the bypass valve? I'm guessing they are connected by fittings with o-rings, and all I need to do is remove the screws and u-clip holding them together, then simply pull apart? I assume I can do this without turning off the water (assuming the softener bypass isn't failed in some way)?

3) What softener should I buy to replace it?

Name:  IMG_1273 (Medium).jpg
Views: 533
Size:  63.4 KBName:  IMG_1274 (Medium).jpg
Views: 493
Size:  46.0 KBName:  IMG_1275 (Medium).jpg
Views: 454
Size:  62.2 KBName:  IMG_1276 (Medium).jpg
Views: 457
Size:  56.4 KB
Pictures attached!