Comments on 3/4 Bath / Utility Room DWV

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcmahon

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post, so I will give a brief intro: I'm an independent general contractor in IL who these days does primary remodels on single family homes that my wife and I buy and sell. For certain jobs I usually contract out the work, because I know some good crews that I can get for cheap (roofing, hanging/taping/mudding sheetrock, etc.), but other jobs I do myself. Plumbing is one of the jobs I usually do myself, because most of my remodels have involved very small jobs (minor repairs, etc.). My current plumbing project though is much more in-depth (see below), but I am still set on doing it myself (primarily to learn, because I hate contracting out a job without knowing the ins and outs). Since my questions are related to more of a DIY type job rather than to contracting, I thought I would post here as opposed to some other forums that I post on.

As to why I am posting, on the first level of the house, there is a room that I am converting to a 3/4 bath and utility room. Since this is my first time doing such a project, I wanted to post a schematic of my DWV plans to get some feedback (see below -- hopefully it is legible, I had to compress it to post, if not ask me for clarification). Some notes: the heights/distances in the image are either FFF or from finished wall; the plumbing is in 2x4 wet walls; studs are reinforced using Simpson SS1.5 (non load-bearing) or HSS2-SDS1.5 (load bearing); the drain/waste slopes @ 1/4"/ft and vents slope toward fixtures @ 1/8"--1/4"/ft; the main stack is 4" cast iron serving a second floor bathroom, and there is a secondary galvanized 2" stack serving the kitchen and a basement utility sink (the latter no longer in use); the tie into the waste will occur in the basement; vent runs V1 and V2 connect out of the page, run up to the second floor via a 2" vent line, and connect to the 2" cast iron vent line serving the second-floor fixtures >6" above their flood-levels, which finally connects to the 4" main stack after another couple of feet; finally, the total developed length of vent pipe of ~30'. Do the plans look reasonable? One thing that I was thinking might have been better though was to use 1-1/2" vent lines (except toilet); will staying with 2" be OK though?

ATTACH]18323[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DWV_3-4bth_util.jpg
    DWV_3-4bth_util.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 224
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks