Winterizing old hydraulic Toro model 123-01-12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Joyce Headley

Reaction score
I lost my husband this year and have no idea how to winterize our sprinkler system. Had it winterized last year by a sprinkler guy and the pipe down at the pump froze and ruptured. No one in this area has any experience with my system. Can anyone in this forum give me instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Joyce.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You haven't given us much to go on to give specific advice. Sprinkler lines are drained by blowing them with compressed air. The problem you had last year in the pump area suggests you pump from a lake, stream, or well rather than from a city water main. The pump is likely lower than the sprinkler lines so you will need to drain the pump and pipe(s) that will not blow out with the sprinkler line pipes. Just how to do that will depend on what you have and that's the information you didn't give us. Since you will likely have to have a sprinkler service blow the lines, you should point out the problem you had to them and insist they winterize that portion of the system as well as the pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks