DWV configuration analysis

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The photo and the picture don't seem to match.

To me, a Washington State plumber, it's not right for inspection.
The toilet needs to be vented within six feet. A kitchen sink can't be used to vent it.
A lav can, if you are running 2" for the lav and vent, within six feet. Once other waste is coming down the line, it's no longer a vent. I say that noticing that the lav is on the other side of a 3" main waste line.

If that 3" near the toilet is truly a vent, you could throw a santee off the vertical and trap over with a 90.
If there is plumbing coming down the stack, then that wouldn't work. Without seeing a drawing going through the roof, it's a bit hard knowing what the plan is.

accidentalplumber

Reaction score
Hello Terry
Thank you for the reply. I will try to make this less confusing. The vertical closest to the camera, just over the level will be the vent stack and will only have a tub and washer empty into it. It will also vent the basin. As far as the future toilet goes it will have its own vent when the time comes. Hope you are not totally confused now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks